Businesses in the Sydney CBD heavily impacted by the pandemic will benefit from a new $50 million stimulus program that will offer 500,000 NSW residents four $25 vouchers for use towards dining and entertainment experiences.
The vouchers, which can only be used on Fridays, will boost the city economy, support jobs and bring fizz back to Friday in the city
This will be a targeted program designed to get more people back into the heart of the greatest city on earth and on the way through spend a little extra on retail and services businesses.
It’s about making Friday’s fantastic and fun and at the same time helping the Sydney CBD which has been hit hardest by COVID with a reduction in CBD workers and the absence of overseas visitors for more than a year.
Short term arrivals to NSW in April sat at just under 11,000 – a 96 per cent decrease on pre-pandemic averages of around 234,000 per month.
The program, which is expected to go live before Summer, will again be delivered via the Service NSW app.
The voucher scheme will be a boom for businesses across the Sydney CBD. It will also be seamless for customers to access and use the vouchers, as there will be no need for them to re-prove their identity if they have already downloaded their Dine & Discover vouchers. Furthermore, there will no restriction on customers using multiple $25 vouchers for one meal or discover activity.
The program will be inclusive, with a non-digital option available to customers without a smartphone. Eligible businesses must be physically located within postcode 2000. Further details, including how customers can register their interest for the program, will be released soon.
Similar to Dine & Discover, the program will be open to businesses in the dining and entertainment industries.
- Customers will need to be aged 18 and over and will require a MyServiceNSW account;
- Only one set of vouchers will be issued per person. Each individual voucher can only be used once, and vouchers can only be redeemed on Fridays;
- The vouchers can be added together for a single purchase up to $100;
- The vouchers cannot be used for alcohol, tobacco or gambling;
- The same eligibility criteria will apply for these vouchers as for Dine & Discover;
- Registration will be available through all Service NSW channels;