Helensbutgh Station 100 yrs PlaqueHelensburgh Station 100yrs CelebrationI was honoured to officate at celebrations to commemorate 100 years since Helensburgh Station opened on 30 May 1915. Commuters were greeted with scones, a cuppa and cake while being entertained by the NSW Railway Brass Band.

The original station opened in 1889 but a new site opened in 1915 when the Illawarra railway line was duplicated and new tunnels were built between Waterfall and Otford.