I am thrilled Heathcote sporting organisations have received a major boost through the Local Sport Grants Program by the NSW Government.
These grants provide essential funds to assist local sporting organisations increase participation, purchase equipment and improve facilities.
Sport is a way of life in our community and the Local Sport Grant Program is another excellent example of the NSW Government delivering for the people of Heathcote.
These grants provide vital funds to our local clubs which in turn contribute to improved social, health and cultural outcomes for the wider community.
I wish to congratulate the following Heathcote clubs who received funding in this round of the Local Sports Grants Program 2020/21.
- $5,000 to Bosco Football Club for the purchase of equipment for the Titans Bosco Football Cup
- $2,000 to Engadine Eagles Netball Club for the purchase of new netballs and equipment
- $2,000 to Engadine Eagles Soccer Club for skills development coaching sessions for female members
- $15,000 to Helensburgh Thistle Football Club for the upgrade of the current change rooms to provide female change and shower facilities
- $1,500 to Loftus Yarrawarrah Rovers Football Club for specialised coaching sessions
- $2,530 to Menai Swim Club for the purchase of a set of 6 Dolphin Starting System compatible stopwatches
- $5,000 to Southern Cross Cycle Club for the upgrade of the toilet facilities at Waratah Park Reserve
- $1,000 to St Patricks Sports Club Sutherland for the purchase of softball equipment and team shirts
- $638 to Taren Point Roller Skating Club for provision of accreditation training courses for club members
- $15,000 to Yarrawarrah Tigers Junior Baseball Club for the upgrade of the clubhouse foyer, lighting, kitchen and bathrooms
The Program awards sporting organisations up to $20,000 for projects which focus on sport development, sport access, sports events and facility development.