ENERGY RELIEF FOR HEATHCOTE BUSINESSES
Today, Premier Berejiklian and I met with business owners and families in Helensburgh, to discuss the Government’s Energy Bill Relief package. This energy relief package will help people struggling with increasing power prices to save hundreds of dollars a year, and help small businesses access discounts to upgrade inefficient equipment.
The Energy Bill Relief package will increase all energy rebates by 20 per cent, while the discounts on energy efficient appliances could allow small businesses to save up to $1,900 a year.
The package includes:
- Discounts for energy efficient lighting and air conditioning upgrades for all households that could lead to bill savings of up to $500 per household per year;
- Discounts for concession cardholders to save up to 50 per cent on the cost of upgrading old fridges and TVs to energy saving models, saving each household an average of around $200 a year;
- An end to unnecessary charges from retailers such as fees for paper bills, early termination fees, and fees for paying over the counter at Australia Post;
- An increase in the Low Income Household rebate from $235 to $285 and the Family Energy Rebate increased from $150 to $180, to help around 900,000 customers struggling to pay their bill;
- Energy saving upgrades for up to 16,500 public housing clients to assist the state’s most vulnerable;
- Discounts on equipment upgrades for small business, to save each business up to $1,900 on their yearly bill.