BIG SAVINGS ON ENERGY BILLS COMING FOR HEATHCOTE
Residents and small businesses in Heathcote could receive hundreds of dollars in savings on their energy bills under the NSW Government’s energy package savings scheme.
We understand that families, households and businesses find it hard to make ends meet when living pressures pile up. There is not a single fix but this package will help ease some of the pressure on local households, businesses and families
The NSW Government is doing everything it can to support families and small businesses to save on their power bills.
The reforms announced this week include:
- A 20 per cent increase on energy rebates which will see the Low Income Household rebate increased from $235 to $285 and the Family Energy Rebate increased from $150 to $180.
- Discounts on equipment upgrades for small businesses, to save each business up to $1900 on their yearly bill.
- Discounts for households replacing energy efficient fixed appliances such as lighting and air conditioners, which could lead to bill savings of up to $500 per household a year.
- Discounts for up to 23,000 concession cardholders to save up to 50 per cent on the cost of upgrading old fridges and TVs to energy saving models, saving each household an average of around $200 a year.
- An end to unnecessary charges from retailers such as fees for paper bills
- Penalties for retailers who don’t move rebate recipients to a better deal
- Energy saving upgrades for up to 16,500 public housing clients to assist the state’s most vulnerable, with participating households to save an average of around $360 per year on their bills.
This is the nation’s most comprehensive package to address rising energy bills.