The NSW Government’s Red Tape Reduction program announced today will deliver $750 million in savings to NSW Small Businesses and the community by June 2015 that will benefit small businesses in the Heathcote Electorate. The Small Business sector is a key pillar in the community and have benefited from the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government program to deliver over 230 reforms.
The NSW Liberals & Nationals know that it is the role of Government to get out of the way and focus on helping small business owners do what they do best. These businesses are operated by mums and dads, friends and relatives. They are the friendly faces at the local café, dry cleaner, and bakery and they keep communities strong and support local schools and charities.
The NSW Liberals & Nationals Government has:
· Smashed our ‘one on: two off’ policy target by repealing over 220 legislative instruments, and introducing 47 to deliver a ratio of one on: five off;
· Introduced ’30 days to pay’ for Government agencies to pay small businesses on time;
· Created the Small Business Commissioner to identify practical red tape issues affecting small business;
· Reduced administrative burdens, fees and charges imposed by Government agencies; and
· Identified savings of up to $100 million by slashing red tape and reducing duplication for local councils under ‘Fit for the Future’ reforms.
Further targeted reviews are underway to help identify and reduce the burden of red tape and regulation for small businesses in NSW.
For more information click on www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au