I am pleased to announce that 18 local projects will receive almost $300,000 for community infrastructure committed to rebuilding NSW and creating local jobs.
Premier Mike Baird announced the roll out of these local projects as part of over 1500 throughout NSW.
There was a strong level of interest from the community for the available funds with almost 3,000 applications received across NSW and I am pleased to announce the projects to receive funding in the Heathcote Electorate are:
• ERA SLSC (improvements including awning and solar power) $30,000
• Bulli SLSC (Community Improvement Project) $30,000
• Engadine Preschool Kindergarten (outdoor learning environment) $30,000
• Bulli Police Citizens Youth Club (Replacement of court roof ) $29,095
• Engadine Crusaders Football Club (Club house extensions) $27,000
• Coledale P & C (Coledale Community Kitchen) $25,000
• Engadine Bowling and Recreation Club (Improved security lighting) $16,060
• 1st Loftus Scouts (replace roof and guttering) $15,000
• Engadine Eagles Soccer Club (Clubhouse resurfacing) $15,000
• Anglican Church Sutherland (New seating for St John’s) $14,491
• 1st Heathcote Scouts (General repairs to scout hall) $12,000
• Country Women’s Association (CWA hall improvements) $10,000
• Wollongong City Council (Helensburgh Pool toddler fencing) $7,500
• Wollongong City Council (Thirroul Pool shade centre) $7,500
• Sutherland Shire Community Transport (Construction of new equipment shed) $7,400
• SOL Illawarra Independent Cultural Arts (Bulli Mud Fun) $7,000
• Engadine Church of Christ Preschool Kindergarten (Carpet replacement and shade sails) $4,559
• Life Education NSW (Refurbishment for children in the Heathcote Electorate) $1,128
I look forward to seeing the benefits of these local projects announced today as they are undertaken and more importantly put into use.