Storms and floods cause considerable damage throughout NSW. With the 2014-2015 storm season from October 2014 to March 2015, I’d like to join the NSW SES and NRMA Insurance in encouraging all residents in the Heathcote Electorate to be StormSafe and help limit the amount of damage that our community could experience in a storm.
As part of the StormSafe campaign, NSW SES and NRMA Insurance have suggested a number of simple things that you can do now to prepare and help reduce the potential damage caused by severe storms. This includes:
1. Cleaning and clearing your gutters and drains
2. Trimming trees close to your home, school or workplace
3. Maintaining your backyard and balcony and store storing items that could blow around in strong winds
4. Fixing any damage to your roof
5. Checking that your home and contents insurance policies are current and adequately cover your needs
6. Making a Home Emergency Plan for your family
7. Preparing an emergency kit
8. Listening to local media for storm warnings and updates
For more information and tips on how to prepare your family, home, business or school for the upcoming storm season head to www.stormsafe.com.au.